Saturday, March 15, 2008

Just for Monkey Girls


We have offered a sewing class at camp for one season. Last year we made a lot of pillows, pillows, pillows. I'm hoping that we expand our repertoire this year, and thought what could be more appealing than the classic sock monkey.

I'm thinking this might be appropriate for our older campers only, since the younger girls might not yet have the fine motor skills needed for this craft.

My measure of a good project is whether or not I can do it. Sounds silly, right? Not really. I am a craft lover, not afraid to get messy and open to trying new things. But, I'm not patient! My skills aren't much different from our older campers...and believe me, some of the girls talents far eclipse mine!

So this one, I'm going to attempt myself...I'm a sucker for stuffed animals, and I have a soft spot in my heart for monkey girls. Assuming I finish, I'll post the results...and if it's really cute, there's a certain New York City Monkey Diva that'll get to keep it.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR SOCK MONKEY CRAFT

NEW! Carol Duvall Video - How to make a Sock Monkey!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Awww...I've gotta show this pic to my Monkey!!!

(we hope it comes out really cute, we hope it comes out really cute, we hope.......!!!)

You're too sweet, Art Lady!

xoxo

Stumble Upon Toolbar