Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Laurel Burch Inspired Earrings















For our upcoming summer, I'm making an effort to find inspiration in popular artists works and apply them to camp projects. I found the Laurel Burch felines so charming, and I think our campers will find them appealing as well.

The earring's pictured above are cloisonne, sell anywhere from $20 to $30. I think we can get a similar effect using (my FAVORITE) Shrinky Dinks. We will provide campers with a template of the outline of these adorable kitties, as well as some pattern ideas. They'll color them in, using colored pencil, and outline with Sharpies and cut them out.

We'll punch a hole in the top of them before we bake them and watch them shrink....

Shrink Film can now be found in a variety of colors(!) through Nasco , and that will certainly add to the fun of this great little project.

No comments:

Stumble Upon Toolbar