Monday, August 13, 2012

Puffy paint might be my new favorite thing

Puffy paint, has, for years been a craft supply that I always had on hand, but rarely used...(not sure why, come to think of it!). This summer, however, I have had some fun with the puffy paint on hand, and ended up creating some pretty cool projects. These all are going to take more than one class session, since drying time is a MUST , but the final product is well worth it. Instructions are simple. Using a pencil or marker, lightly sketch your design directly onto your piece. (I have used glass jars and canvas....the possibilities are endless). I then used white puffy paint to go over the designs. Allow to dry completely, and then add acrylic paint directly over the puffy paint. Two coats should do it! A quick spritz of a clear glaze on glassware helps add a seal...and it looks super cool!

No comments:

Stumble Upon Toolbar