Thursday, May 1, 2008


We offer a jewelry program at camp. Along with the requisite "gimp" and "friendship bracelets", I have hopes of offering our campers experience in beading skills. Beading can be challenging for a camper, who only has 45 minutes to complete a bracelet (or earrings), particularly when part of that challenge is selecting beads for their project. (I know that I could spend hours upon hours just rummaging through bead bins!)

I've simplified it, a bit for the girls, by providing specific beads for specific projects. The final outcome is always more impressive, and again, it's that immediate gratification that we are going for!

This project, from Oriental Trading (of all places, they have an extensive variety of craft supplies and within the past couple of years, they have great craft ideas as well), look simple and cute...I like 'em.

Instructions

No comments:

Stumble Upon Toolbar